Saturday, August 23, 2014

Green Jell-o with carrots?

So there's something that has bothered me for a long time because I've been dying to find out the truth of this. I don't usually question another person's integrity. Regardless of whether I agree with their cause, I trust that they are telling the truth. With that said, this time I have to question the integrity of many people. My reason for doing so is because after living in Utah for some 18-20 years, I have never experienced this mysterious “green Jell-o with carrots” that apparently so many people from outside of Utah claims to have seen and been offered while in Utah. I have never seen it, I have never experienced it and I don't believe I have ever met anyone who has. I've met hundreds and thousands of people who claim they have, but I am going to break my rule and question their integrity. “Will the real green Jell-o with carrots chef please stand up?” I have never seen this nor have I known anyone to make it. So if you can provide me the phone number of an individual from Utah who makes this dish, I would be happy to call them (trust me, I will) and we'll see if there is in fact someone from Utah who makes that dish. Until then, I think this is nothing more than an old wives tale, or a scary story you tell people from outside Utah so they can come to Utah with an established prejudice.
I think most of what is said about Utah is nothing more than a regurgitated story. One person made it up, and now everyone not from Utah likes to say they experienced it and that makes all Utahans weird. To sum up, I think you're all lying about it. I am challenging your integrity right now. I don't think any of you have ever seen that made up dish. You make up strange dishes like someone returning from a foreign country. Yet after I spent 18-20 years in that state, I've never seen a single one of these dishes you claim. I can't take that on faith anymore. You can produce some IRREFUTABLE evidence, I'll play mythbuster and corroborate the evidence to see if this old wives tale can be proven or if the myth will be busted.

I don't mean to be rude in anything I say here, but I am a very blunt person. I don't beat around the bush or spare words. You can trust that I'll always tell it like it is. I will not call out any specific in any of the stories I tell on this blog. I won't throw out any personal attacks. If you feel that what I have said does not apply to you, if you feel that you are not guilty of being a bully towards Utahns, then by all means assume that none of what I am saying is directed at you. If you are comfortable knowing that this is not you, then go on living your life happily ever after. The only people this is directed toward, are those who speak out hatefully against Utah and everyone from Utah; those who place themselves above people from Utah because you are from somewhere else.

Allow me to add, I am not condemning anyone. If you realize that you have been guilty of any of this, then you can decide if you want to change that or not. If you think it's wrong to do any of this and you realize you have done it, you can change that right now. I've been guilty of many things myself and I've changed many things over the years. There are still more things I need to change and I'm working on it. To reiterate, none of what I post on this blog is meant to condemn anyone, only to raise some awareness so that you can change if you realize you need to. I used to have some anger issues. People pointed it out to me and after thinking about it and taking an honest inventory of my own life, I realized I did have some anger issues. It took me years to realize where it originated. When I did realize where much of this anger originated, I removed myself from those situations. I don't speed on the freeway anymore. I go the speed limit and make sure I only use the left lane for passing. I don't swerve through lanes passing everyone anymore. I find that I'm no longer competitive on the road and my anger level is reduced. I try not to get involved in politics anymore or watch the news. All it does is make me mad. The news is nothing but mudslinging. It's best for me to not even get involved. So if any of this applies to you, take an honest inventory of your life and remove yourself from the situation that causes you to be so judgmental and hateful towards Utah and all Utahns.


Ultimately, the choice is yours. You don't have to leave Utah. You can remain and live a happy life, or be bitter that Utah isn't what you wanted it to be. You can leave Utah and be happy back where you are comfortable. You have the choice to do as you will. Nobody will force you to do anything. All I ask is that whatever you do, make sure you are spreading happiness rather than bitterness. If you are going to tell stories to illustrate a point, make sure they're true stories that you experienced or that you have investigated and found to be true. Don't go spreading gossip just because it tells the story that you want it to tell. Don't spread rumors that agree with the side you are on. I've been guilty of this in politics before until someone called me out on it and when I did my research, I found that I was wrong and the story I was spreading was in fact false. Don't tell lies just because they paint the picture you would like to be true. Tell it like it is. Make the value of your integrity priceless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment